Mass Audubon and Groundwork Lawrence are looking for intelligent, responsible, energetic 16 & 17 year olds to hire as Junior Counselor (JC) staff members for the 2011 camp season. This is a seven week, full-time, paid position. Junior Counselors work 8 hour days, Monday through Friday (40 hours/week). JCs begin the day at 8:30 am and end the day at 5:30 pm and are given an hour lunch break each day. Camp begins July 5th and ends August 12th.
Junior Counselors are expected to:
• Assist the Lead Counselors in delivering camp activities, lessons, and games.
• Maintain safety of the camp by monitoring campers and upholding camp rules, policies, and procedures.
• Participate in outdoor activities, including extensive walks, garden activities, sports, and nature explorations.
• Aid in educational activities including cooking, science experiments, arts & crafts, theater, and technology.
• Assist Lead Counselors and camp administration in the case of emergencies.
• Provide a good example for younger campers.
• Complete a week-long, paid training prior to the beginning of camp.