|As part of our mission, we strive to make high-quality fresh produce accessible to as many members of our community as we can. Groundwork Share-a-Share™ donations are used to subsidize the cost of fresh food through subsidized CSA shares, incentive programs for our Farmers Markets, and fresh food donations to food pantries. Through our Groundwork Share-a-Share™ Program, you can make a tax-deductible donation to help us extend the benefits of fresh, locally-grown food to those who would otherwise not be able to afford it. Your donation for the 2019 season will help a significant number of low-income families who suffer from diet-related health disparities afford fresh produce. Please consider a tax-deductible donation to our Groundwork Share-a-Share™ program! Donate Here to contribute to this important program.|
Share-a-Share™ Stats for 2015
- 86 Community Supported Agriculture Shares subsidized
- 40 families supported through the program ($9,000 in subsidies).
Here are some examples of how far your donation can go:
- $86 a CSA Small Vegetable Share for a month.
- $100 10 Groundwork Farmers Market SNAP (food stamp) or WIC-paying customers to double their purchase (up to $10).
- $117 a CSA Regular Vegetable Share for a month.
- $150 30 low-income Lawrence residents to receive Farmers Market gift cards to increase their access to fresh fruits and vegetables.
If you are unable to give individually, are you part of a church, religious organization, club, or association that would be willing to donate a weekly collection or offering to the Groundwork Share-a-Share™ program? If so please contact Sharon to arrange making a group gift.