This full-page ad is in today's Boston Globe
Today is national Food Day. We wholly endorse its goal of improving America's diet and, in particular, its six tenets for making our meals and lives healthier. We know these tenets are especially important to the lives of the 660,000 low-income people in Massachusetts who struggle to put food on the table. The opposite of hungry isn't "full," the opposite is "healthy." It’s all connected: the diets we select, the foods we grow, the policies we form, the impact we have.
We support Food Day, a national grassroots campaign, to:
1. Reduce diet-related disease by promoting safe, healthy foods.
2. Support sustainable farms and limit subsidies to big agribusiness.
3. Expand access to food and alleviate hunger.
4. Protect the environment and animals by reforming factory farms.
5. Promote health by curbing junk-food marketing to kids.
6. Support fair conditions for food and farm workers.