Full-Time Executive Director for The Lawrence Partnership (with some evening and weekend commitments)
The Lawrence Partnership is a new private-public sector collaboration focused on economic development and the quality of life in the City of Lawrence, Massachusetts.
The Partnership consists of a 30-member Board of Directors that includes representatives of area banks, mills, private businesses, non-profit organizations, educational institutions, city, and state government; as well as a growing network of individual and organizational supporters in the city.
The mantra for the Lawrence Partnership describes the organization’s approach to its work: Ideas, Investment, Action.
Some of the Partnership’s first projects include a façade improvement program for Essex Street, the city’s primary business district; renovations to the Buckley Garage and Transportation Center; advocacy for the creation of a new Regional Public Safety Center; and the creation of a Venture Loan Fund for small- and mid-sized businesses through a collaboration of area banks.
The successful candidate for the position of Executive Director will bring a combination of knowledge, experiences, and drive that will enable the Partnership to generate ideas, secure investment, and take action that will accomplish our vision and initiatives.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for:
- Leading and/or participating in planning processes that identify Partnership initiatives.
- In collaboration with Partnership members and non-members, implementing selected initiatives.
- Soliciting investment in the Partnership and in Partnership initiatives from a variety of sources, including private contributions; foundation and corporate grants; and government support.
- Strategically expand the Partnership's membership and promote retention of members.
- Developing and nurturing relationships with each member and with elected and appointed representatives of local, state and federal agencies.
- Serving, together with the Chair of the Board, as the designated liaison between the Partnership, elected officials and their staffs, and the general public.
- Serving as the designated spokesperson with responsibility for interacting with the media and general public to ensure that the Partnership's message is delivered with accuracy and consistency.
- Promoting and disseminating the work of the Partnership through a variety of communication resources (e.g., newsletters, annual reports, social media, etc.)
- Serving as a Lawrence Partnership representative to selected city/area committees, task forces, boards, etc.
- Working in coordination with area chambers of commerce, government agencies, business groups, community service organizations, educational institutions, and any other organizations that are furthering the economic development and quality of life of the City of Lawrence.
- Overseeing budget development, managing the receipt and disbursement of funds, and participating in the preparation of all financial statements.
- Preparing for regular meetings with the Executive Committee, the Board of Directors, the Mayor, and others as needed.
- Hiring and supervising staff as needed.
- Managing all day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Other responsibilities as the position and organization may require.
Candidates should possess a college degree, preferably at the bachelor’s level or above, with an emphasis in business, public administration, community planning, economic development, or a related field; as well as at least five years of economic development or related and directly transferable experience. Additionally, candidates should be familiar with federal, state, and local economic development programs, strategies, and funding sources, have excellent computer skills, and oral and written communication skills. Experience in fundraising, special events, and working with and/or for a board of directors is preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range is $70,000-90,000, commensurate with experience, with a full benefits package, including health insurance and vacation time.
The position will be open until filled. Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and online application at http://www.necc.mass.edu/employment/.